Office of Admission
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401-4999
Join other admitted students, current students, faculty, and staff for a series of opportunities to get to know Knox during the Admitted Student Experience—live and virtual events where you can interact with us and envision yourself as a member of Knox's human-powered community.
Ready to accept your space in the fall class? Submit your enrollment deposit.
1. We use our hands (and our eyes, ears, voices, and hearts). You won't just practice what you learn in a lab class or on problem sets. You'll have the opportunity— nay, the obligation—to apply that knowledge in unfamiliar and unpredictable situations.
2. We live and work among people who are wildly unlike us. This is a proudly, radically open community. When we were founded, we were one of the first colleges in America to admit women and students of color. Today, we're more diverse in more ways than nearly any other college campus in the country. We learn from each other's experiences and perspectives, and it prepares us to be successful in a global, multicultural world.
3. We are a human-powered community, at work in the world. Our alumni include India's leading comedian (Vir Das '02), an aerospace entrepreneur working with NASA on manned space flight (Carol Craig '89), and a guy Time has called "one of the most influential people in the world" (Matt Berg '00). They also work at leading companies, earn advanced degrees at frankly astonishing rates, and, overwhelmingly, report feeling personally fulfilled by their lives.
most diverse colleges
One of the most compelling, egalitarian, and collaborative intellectual communities on the planet. (Usually modest, too!)
1. We were founded on the idea that college should be accessible to people regardless of their financial means. We're guided by that idea today. We award more than $40 million in financial aid every year. About 75% of our students receive need-based financial aid.
2. We're committed to maintaining a sane, sustainable cost of education. The net price of a Knox education has increased 3.5% over the past 5 years—enough to account for inflation, but no more.
3. We offer smart, reasonable aid packages (including grants, scholarships, federal student loans, and student employment) to families with demonstrated need. Most of our families pay a good deal less than the actual cost of Knox. You can use our Net Price Calculator to get a rough estimate of what your family would pay at Knox; start the financial aid application process, and explore the types of financial aid we offer.
4. We're here to help. Use the resources and links on this page to get started; contact us with questions. Education is a shared enterprise; we're all in this together.