Knox College is committed to the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Please refer to the CDC’s COVID-19 Information to learn about how to protect yourself and what to do if you are sick and to the Illinois Department of Public Health for statewide guidelines. Students should refer to Health Services to learn about health resources on campus.
- There are no known COVID-19 cases at Knox College.
- The Student and Employee Wellness Advisory Group has finalized its protocol for summer visitors to campus.
- President Teresa Amott updates the campus on the upcoming fall term.
- The Reopening Fall 2020 Advisory Groups have released the Return to Work Plan for faculty and staff to return to campus for the work day.
- President Teresa Amott has formed four Reopening Fall 2020 Advisory Groups to create detailed plans for the fall, and steps we need to take to reopen campus for the fall 2020 term.
- President Teresa Amott announced the latest Commencement Update. The College has recognized with deep regret that an August Commencement is not attainable. We believe that the most responsible way to hold a meaningful, inclusive ceremony is to schedule it for June 2021.
- The members of Senior Staff are currently developing a phased reopening workplace plan that ensures that employees can return to campus in a safe manner. The continuation of remote work arrangements is expected to last through July 5.
- The College is currently planning for in-person classes for the upcoming fall semester. Read additional information on current plans for the fall term and the issues under consideration.
- Knox College will distribute emergency financial aid grants to students for a total amount of $664,035. The aid is provided by the CARES Act to Knox students who have demonstrated need and are facing significant financial challenges due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The College has established a COVID-19 Relief Fund to support the College’s unanticipated and immediate financial needs incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.