Campus Life Office
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401-4999
We're not trying to be the flashiest, most deluxe campus in the world. We're trying to be a campus where smart, interesting people from every possible background feel safe and inspired and capable of doing amazing work.
1. You join a lot of clubs, then end up running a few of them, or starting new ones.
2. You understand the difference between the Prairie Fire and a prairie burn. And you celebrate both of them.
3. You get a little obsessive about the arrival of Flunk Day.
4. You get inspired by the projects (the art exhibit, the community garden, the campus-wide service event) your friends are doing. You start a project that inspires your friends.
5. You stay up talking with friends about things that are either profound or frivolous (or both). And then you realize it's morning.
6. You discover that the sun rising over the prairie can be beautiful beyond words.
7. You discover that the feeling of "home" isn't limited to your actual home.
Courses of study
including 38 majors, 49 minors, and pre-professional and cooperative programs
More than 95% of Knox students live on campus and the rest live in nearby houses and apartments. Because of that, everything from student activities to housing arrangements is designed to foster and support the intimacy and diversity you'll find in our community. This also makes for endless opportunities for conversation, debate, and discovery. No matter what your interests, you'll make a lot of friends and have a lot of fun. Most of all, you'll feel like you belong.
Learn more about Campus Life:
I think having a background at a liberal arts school instills in you a sense of curiosity and drive. We're all critical thinkers.
Kate MishkinRead More
English Literature Major, Journalism Minor, Senior
Back to Hello.knox.edu