Your emotional wellness is important to us. That's why confidential counseling is available free of charge to all enrolled Knox students. This is an opportunity for you to talk with an objective professional about your feelings and concerns. No matter the area of concern, we are here to help. Your right to privacy is fully protected, and counseling is strictly confidential as provided by law. If you want personal information supplied to a psychologist or Knox official, a release form must be signed. Counseling records are not a part of your academic record.
Furrow Hall, 175 West Knox Street
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The following services are provided:
- Individual Counseling: We offer short term individual counseling. The staff counselor and student will work together to determine the best care for the student.
- Group Counseling: Every term we offer a variety of group options for our students. This is a way for students to gain support from fellow students who have the same concerns as they do. Full group counseling sessions can be viewed on the Group Sessions link.
- Crisis Counseling: There are times when a student is in crisis and needs counseling services quickly. Students are encouraged to come to the Counseling Center during these times. More information about crisis counseling below.
- Outreach: Our staff is available to provide outreach programs on a wide variety of topics to the Knox community upon request.
- Consultations: We are available to faculty, staff, and students for consultations regarding how to best assist a student. On or off campus referrals are also available.
- Advocacy Session: We offer students who have questions regarding the Title IX process or are a survivor of sexual assault, the opportunity to speak to a trained sexual assault advocate, in a confidential setting. To set up an appointment, email Janell McGruder, sexual assault advocate, directly, at JMcGruder@knox.edu.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Scheduling an appointment is easy! All you have to do is reach out.
- Call 309-341-7492
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our office at 175 W. Knox Street (south/backside of Furrow Hall across from the soccer field), Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
Emergency Services (during normal business hours)
During normal business hours, head on over to the Counseling Center. Your safety is our #1 concern. If you feel like you are in an emergency situation, please reach out. Do not hesitate. We look forward to seeing you. If you are not able to physically come to the Counseling Center, contact 9-1-1 or Campus Safety at 309-341-7979.
Emergency Services (after normal business hours)
Call Campus Safety at 309-341-7979 and they can assist you in reaching assistance or call 9-1-1. To speak to a skilled, trained counselor at a 24 hour crisis center, call 1-800-273-8255.
Some emergency situations may include:
- Imminent suicidal thought and/or a plan
- Imminent homicidal thoughts
- Losing emotional control severely
- Gross impairment in thinking ability
- Exhibiting bizarre behavior
- Experience a recent trauma
- Experience auditory/visual hallucinations and/or delusions