How to Apply
The world comes to Knox! A profound respect and appreciation for cultural diversity has always been one of the cornerstones of a liberal arts education, particularly as the liberal arts are practiced and taught at Knox. More than 11% of our students are from more than 51 countries from around the world, and the global perspective those students bring to the classroom is one of the defining aspects of a Knox education. If you want a top-notch education in a diverse, intellectually stimulating environment, we invite you to bring your views and your perspective, as well as your dreams and aspirations to Knox. Become part of the tradition!
Knox is an exclusive user of the Common Application, which is used by more than 300 selective colleges across the country. You can apply online via the Common Application.
International First-year applicants (who aren’t citizens of the US) should submit the following:
- Common Application
- Secondary School Transcript
- School Report form
- Teacher Evaluation form
- Transcripts from any college or university attended
- Certfication of Finances Form (PDF)
- Financial Aid Application for International Students (PDF - if you’re seeking financial assistance)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores, if English is not your native language. (APIEL, IELTS or SAT II ELPT scores are also acceptable.)
- GCE (General Certificate of Education), IGCSE (International General Certificate of Education), or the results of any national examinations you've taken
- Optional: ACT or SAT I scores
- Optional: Scholarship portfolios, audition tapes, or other scholarship submissions
- An interview with an admission counselor is strongly recommended. Phone interviews can be arranged by e-mailing email@example.com.
- The application fee is waived for international applicants
Transfer Applicants should submit everything above and the following:
- Registrar Report