Knox alumni who are seeking to change careers, make the transition from graduate school to the world of work, or simply seeking new opportunities are welcome to utilize our office and services.
We also are actively seeking alumni involvement in our programs and initiatives designed to prepare Knox students for professional success.
Services for Alumni
Handshake - your headquarters for our online resources
- Fully enabled app on Apple and Android (free download)
- Features all jobs, internships, externships, other opportunities
- Direct access to 400,000+ employers
- National and international positions for all majors
- Calendar of Knox Career Center events
- Knox Resources Online Library; 24/7 accessible resume/cover letter samples, career prep topics advice, suggested websites
Vault, a powerful career research and exploration tool
- We have purchased Vault for your use; you access Vault on Handshake, in the Knox Resources Online Library. No unique login required.
Assistance with Resumes, Cover Letters, Job Search Strategies, etc.
- We can assist you by phone or email for any assistance you may need. Please look over our samples via our Resources tab in Handshake, under Career Center
How You Can Get Involved In Our Initiatives
Hire The Fire: Recruit Knox Student and Alumni Talent
The Bastian Family Center for Career Success is ready to help you recruit for jobs, internships, etc. and is offering several options (all at no charge) to help you do that:
- Encourage your employer to post opportunities to Knox through our new Handshake system. Many employers already have a Handshake account. All they need to do is select Knox College from the list of user schools. If your employer doesn’t have a Handshake account, email email@example.com for the Knox-specific link to the system.
- Take advantage of our Knox Resume Referral Service, exclusively offered to alumni. If you would like to gather resumes for your opening(s) simply email the details (what qualifications you’re seeking, a description of the position, deadline date for resumes) and we’ll handle the rest. Email Scott Crawford, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up an on-campus or virtual Employer or Grad School Info Session. We target-market it, collect RSVP’s and handle the logistics.
- Join us for an informal Coffee and Careers session on campus to meet with interested students. We can co-host those sessions with academic or student groups as well.
- Set up an On-Campus interview schedule. We set these up as 100% employer pre-screen.
- Be an Employer-In-Residence. Contact Eric Johnson, email@example.com for details.
- Participate in one of our events (in-person or virtual): mock interviews, speed networking, dinners, workshops, etc.
- Schedule a Virtual Career Chat with students. Contact Eric or Scott as listed above.
- Want to try something else? We want to hear your ideas!
Be A Networking Resource For Students And Other Alumni
Through Knox’s KNect platform, you can indicate your interest in serving as a resource for Knox student and alumni, and join career-related discussion groups. Contact Eric Johnson for details, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate Professional Clothing
Through our heavily-utilized Career Clothing Closet program, students can access clothing for interviews, networking events, presentations, LinkedIn Profile pictures, formal events, etc. Clothing is all donated by alumni and friends of the college. We need and accept: Suits, Jackets, Dress Pants, Dress Shirts/Blouses, Ties, Shoes, Dress Socks, Overcoats, Briefcases, Dresses, and Accessories a student may need to make a positive impression.
You can either drop donations by our office (222 Alumni Hall) or ship to: Bastian Family Center for Career & Professional Success, Knox College. 2 East South Street, Galesburg, IL 61401-4999. If you ship, please include a note in your shipment with your name and full mailing address.