Ahhhh! It's the first day of finals! Remember to breathe, you got this! 🤓
Campus Life Office
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401-4999
As compiled by Knox Students
1. Soak up the atmosphere of Thursday Night Jazz at the Fat Fish Pub as the members of the Knox Jazz Combo entertain you with live music.
2. Enjoy a delicious freshly-ground cup of joe (or a chai latte) at Innkeeper's Coffee or The Beanhive (two coffee shops within walking distance of campus).
3. Challenge your suite-mates at Mario Kart Wii on a big-screen TV in Taylor Student Lounge.
4. Supplement "caf food" with oodles of pizza from one of the many pizza joints in town.
5. Run, jump and catch your way to victory during a satisfying match of Ultimate Frisbee with Knox's Ultimate team.
6. Watch a movie on a 24-foot inflatable screen sponsored by Union Board.
7. Enjoy the outdoors with a picnic, walk, or bike ride at Galesburg's 411-acre park, Lake Storey Recreation Area.
8. Try out chocolate-covered bacon at the all-you-can-eat chocolate buffet for the Annual Chocolate Festival at the Antique Mall, followed by a bargain hunt on every floor.
9. Read comics and play games with friends at For the Win gaming and collectibles on Main St.
10. Jam to old favorites and share your opinions with the world by DJ-ing your own radio show on WVKC, the Knox commercial-free radio station.
11. Laugh out loud watching Knox's own Improv Club and comedy shows.
12. Play pick-up soccer in the rain for the sole purpose of getting really dirty.
13. View original student artwork at the Senior Art Shows or listen to Creative Writing majors read their work at Milk Route in the Winter and Spring.
14. Catch a movie at the AMC 8-screen theater in town.
15. Dodge and deflect with Fencing Club during a round of bouting (matches).
16. Hone your skills or just have a few laughs shooting pool in the Game Room in Taylor Student Lounge.
17. Stargaze in the countryside and find your favorite constellation.
18. Enjoy time with some of the friendliest college squirrels around.
19. Find inspiration from the world's great writers and read poetry in Carl Sandburg's backyard.
20. Borrow a bike from the Bike Shop and take a trip around Galesburg on a Sunday morning.
21. Lend a helping paw by walking dogs and petting cats at the Humane Society.
22. Show your purple-and-gold spirit by cheering for the Knox Prairie Fire athletic teams during home games.
23. Express yourself -- write and play original songs at "Songwriter's Club" and "Songwriter's Open Mic" at The Beanhive coffee shop every other week.
24. Fling colored paint at your friends during a paint fight.
25. Jam and dance to student and professional bands during Lincoln Fest, Knox's music festival.
26. Explore Galesburg alleyways, historic sites, and parks to take pictures for your own exhibit.
27. Whoever said there's no skiing in Western Illinois? Cross-country ski at the Green Oaks Biological Field Station.
28. Take advantage of the Midwestern prairie winds -- fly a kite in the Quads on a spring afternoon.
29. Celebrate spring by eating a Japanese bento box meal and looking at the flowers during Ohanami, sponsored by Japanese Club.
30. Spend an evening with the Knox-Galesburg Symphony performing in the historic Orpheum Theatre.
31. Soak up some Vitamin D while laying on any of the many campus lawns.
32. Sponsor a spontaneous collective shopping spree at Target.
33. Treat yourself to a 2 a.m. donut from Casey's during finals.
34. Have a late-night meal at the 24-hour Steak & Shake.
35. Reflect amongst the trees of Standish Park Arboretum, across the street from Old Main.
36. Meet interesting people as you explore locally-owned Galesburg businesses and organizations.
37. Explore the original graveyard of Galesburg, Hope Cemetery, and try to find the oldest headstone.
38. Play Campus Golf. (Think it's too hard to hit a traditional golf ball? Try using a tennis ball instead!)
39. Have dessert and gourmet coffee or the world-famous spinach bisque at the Landmark Café and Creperie.
40. Act out a real-life version of Lord of the Rings at 1 a.m. around campus buildings.
41. Grab an oatmeal fudgie and a hot chocolate at The Carriage House bakery on Seminary Street.
42. Spend the evening in, with rented movies from Family Video, Seymour Library, or the Galesburg Public Library.
43. Enjoy delicious ice cream at Kastle Kreme, a locally owned ice cream & frozen yogurt shop.
44. Throw snowballs at each other during the middle of a Midwest winter.
45. Spend the night in nature, camping out at the College's 700-acre biological field station, Green Oaks, or spend the day hiking or canoeing.
46. Get into hours-long philosophical debates with your suite-mates about the state of the world.
47. Attend Art in the Park in Standish Park Arboretum and look at artist booths displaying paintings, drawings, sculpture, jewelry, etc.
48. Compete against your friends in an intramural sport like volleyball, basketball, or soccer.
49. Participate in a barbeque, dance, lecture or discussion hosted by culture clubs ABLE, Lo Nuestro, Asian Student Association, or International Club.
50. Join an international service group like Alpha Phi Omega.
51. Dress up or host a theme party (such as Vogue, Anything but Clothes, 80s, Halloween, Space Jam, Highlighter, etc.).
52. Splurge on cheap and generous Chinese take-out from Joy Garden.
53. Make a difference in someone else's life by finding a volunteer opportunity from Knox's Mark and Jeannette Kleine Center for Community Service.
54. Take a "gourmet food break" -- eat out with friends at one of Galesburg's top restaurants (The Craft, Packinghouse, Landmark Café and Creperie).
55. Take a bike ride to Lake Bracken in the fall or spring.
56. Host homemade cooking parties with friends in the residence halls.
57. Put your world knowledge to use through Model United Nations meetings or a trivia competition about Africa hosted by Harambee Club.
58. Tap your foot while listening to jazz during the annual Rootabaga Jazz Festival.
59. Build your own lunch-time vegetarian sandwich at Cornucopia Natural Food.
60. Burn the prairie in the annual Prairie Burn at Knox's Green Oaks Biological Field station.
61. Get inspired by Knox's scholar-teachers -- have lunch with your professor.
62. Dance to South Asian beats at an AAINA or International Club party in Post Lobby.
63. Take a break from studying and work on a puzzle in the lobby of Seymour Library.
64. Splash in frigid Lake Storey during the annual Galesburg Polar Plunge.
65. Cover yourself in bubbles in the Flunk Day foam pit.
66. Race an outhouse at Berwick Days in nearby Berwick, Illinois.
67. Pick up fresh tomatoes and strawberries at the Galesburg Farmer's Market.
68. Be a thrift-shop junkie -- explore the Salvation Army and other thrift stores with friends and a small budget for something incredible, or some outrageous outfit.
69. Throw a strike at the Northgate Lanes bowling alley.
70. Listen to nationally acclaimed authors read their work at Caxton Club.
71. Catch a flick on the big screen at the Orpheum Theatre -- Rocky Horror Picture Show one day, The Creature from the Black Lagoon another!
72. Take advantage of the many free and reduced-rate events at Knox and in Galesburg like Wing Wednesday!
73. Read in the Seymour Library or explore the many nooks and crannies.
74. Experience the famous college "all-nighter" -- bond with fellow students in The Carl Sandburg Study Lounge.
75. Indulge your sweet tooth -- visit the Calico Cat to buy truffles.
76. Check out what's happening in the various science departments on campus at the SMC-Down Showcase.
77. Try not to get BBQ sauce on your shirt as you eat ribs at the picnic table inside the Rib Shack.
78. Organize spontaneous dance parties in your suite.
79. Pump iron or workout at the Fitness Center.
80. Get served by your professors at Midnight Breakfast during finals week.
81. Work your vocal cords by singing karaoke at the Cherry Street Restaurant and Bar on Thursday nights.
82. Get involved with your dramatic side -- try your hand at the theatre with one of the many Studio Theatre productions.
83. Attend any (or all) of the dozen of theatre productions on campus throughout the year, and at least one of the productions by Prairie Players, the community theatre group.
84. Trick-or-treat for canned food for the FISH food pantry or get scared in a haunted house made by a student organization.
85. Get a global perspective with International Fair by performing and watching cultural dances, eating at an international food buffet, and visiting different booths.
86. Participate in an Informal Dance Concert or any of the Dance workshops.
87. Expand your mind with a lecture by a faculty member or visiting professor.
88. Attend the twice-yearly Catch release party and pick up your copy of the award-winning student publication.
89. Foxtrot, waltz and tango with Ballroom Dancing Club.
90. Commune and socialize with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship for social activities on Friday evenings.
91. Show your Knox spirit at Homecoming Week.
92. Enjoy a mocha with Muslims and get to know the Muslim students in your Knox Community.
93. Build your muscles (and a house) with the Knox Habitat for Humanity chapter.
94. Drive, run, or walk around historic neighborhoods of Galesburg and check out all the Victorian architecture.
95. Play golf at Bunker Links or Oak Run Golf Course.
96. Check out the latest art opening at the Galesburg Civic Art Center.
97. Join the Galesburg Community Chorus.
98. Play sand volleyball outside the Phi Gamma Delta (Fiji) House.
99. Get fit at dance aerobics, yoga, or belly dancing in the Fitness Center's Fitness Studio.
100. Empower and inspire yourself and others by sharing stories and experiences at Take Back the Night.
101. Page through medieval manuscripts from Seymour Library's Special Collections and Archives with Classics Club or on your own.
gallons of water
saved since 2008 after retiring plastic trays from dining halls