A Knox education is a human-powered experience. So it’s important to visit campus and interact with the people of Knox.
We’re so convinced you’ll like it that we’ll help pay for your visit! We’ll provide up to $500 in reimbursement for travel by air or rail—or fuel for your car.
How it Works
- You should be a high school senior or transfer student who has applied, submitted transcripts, and is eligible for admission to Knox College.
- Use your reimbursement for a campus visit during the academic year (September through April).
- Schedule your visit through the Office of Admissions at least 14 days in advance at knox.edu/visit.
- Submit an original receipt for your transportation or fuel expense within a week after your visit. A reimbursement check will be mailed to you within 3-4 weeks after we receive your receipt.
- One travel reimbursement is available per student. Family members are welcome to accompany you at their own expense.
Other Things to Consider
- It’s always best to visit when classes are in session, avoiding breaks and exam periods. Consult our academic calendar as you make your plans.
- Depending on the timing of your visit, we’re happy to arrange meetings with professors, coaches, and pre-professional advisors, as well as opportunities to interact with current students. Just let us know what’s important to you when you schedule your visit.
Local Airports and Train Station
- Peoria International Airport (PIA) – 40 minutes from campus
- Quad City International Airport (QCA) – 40 minutes from campus
- Galesburg Amtrak Station (GBB) – 5 minutes from campus
Air and Rail Combos
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) & Amtrak to Galesburg – connect in Chicago via Blue Line train
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) & Amtrak to Galesburg – connect in Chicago via Orange Line train
Transportation to Campus
Public transportation is not available to get you to and from Knox College when travelling via air and rail. Visiting families are encouraged to rent a car for travel between airports and campus. Taxi service is available to transport you from the train station as well as around town.
Let Us Help You
We’re here to help with all of your planning. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your admission counselor or call 309-341-7100 to discuss travel arrangements, local transportation or accommodations, or the experiences you’d like to include in your visit. Contact us as well with any questions about your eligibility for travel reimbursement.