A Knox education is a human-powered experience. So it’s important to visit campus and interact with the people of Knox. Experience everyday life on the campus, explore the community, and get to know the students, professors, and staff who will become a part of your everyday life on campus.
We’re so convinced that you’ll like what you’ll see that we’ll reimburse half of the cost of your airline or train ticket, up to a maximum reimbursement of $300.
How it Works
- You must be a high school senior or transfer student who has applied, submitted transcripts, and is eligible for admission to Knox College.
- Use your reimbursement for a campus visit during the academic year (September through April).
- Schedule your visit through the Office of Admission at least 14 days in advance at knox.edu/visit.
- One travel reimbursement is available per student. Family members are welcome to accompany you at their own expense.
- To receive reimbursement, you must submit an original receipt for your ticket at the time of your visit. A reimbursement check will be mailed to you within 3-5 weeks after your visit.
Other Things to Consider
- It’s always best if you can visit when classes are in session, avoiding breaks and exam periods. Consult our academic calendar as you make your plans.
- Depending on the timing of your visit, we’re happy to arrange meetings with professors, coaches, and pre-professional advisors, as well as opportunities to interact with current students. Just let us know what’s important to you when you complete your visit reservation form.
- Because of the current pandemic, we are not able to provide overnight accommodations on campus, class observations, or transportation from a local airport or train station. We look forward to being able to offer these opportunities in the future.
Local Airports and Train Station
- Peoria International Airport (PIA) – 40 minutes from campus
- Quad City International Airport (QCA) – 40 minutes from campus
- Galesburg Amtrak Station (GBB) – 5 minutes from campus
Air and Rail Combos
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) & Amtrak to Galesburg – connect in Chicago via Blue Line train
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW) & Amtrak to Galesburg – connect in Chicago via Orange Line train
Let Us Help You
We’re here to help with all of your planning. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your admission counselor or call 309-341-7100 to discuss travel arrangements, local transportation or accommodations, or the experiences you’d like to include in your visit. Please contact us as well with any questions about your eligibility for travel reimbursement.