Some (Of the Many!) Ways Our Grads Are Finding Success After Knox
Knox College's Theatre program prepares its students who are seeking professional careers in theatre for continuing their studies in graduate school or conservatories. Even after graduating, alumni will always have the connections they made at Knox. Some alumni, like those who founded Anaemic Theatre, will continue to work together long after they graduate. No matter where they end up, these alumni are making their mark on professional theatre and the world.
Some are pursuing their education...
- Graduate Student in Theater and Performance Arts, New York University. Jayel Gant '18.
- Graduate Student, Bowling Green State University. Jordan Hurst '17.
- MFA Candidate in Stage Management, Yale University. Rebekah Heusel '14.
- MFA Candidate in Lighting Design, University of Washington. Ryn Flynn '10.
Some are professional artists...
- Vir Das '02, Actor and Comedian. Television: The Great Indian Comedy Show; News on the Loose; Now Not Showing. Film: Dehli Belly, 31st October, Go Goa Gone. Creator and producer of the Weirdass Pajama Festival, India's largest comedy festival.
- Rachel Sypniewski '01, Chicago After Dark Award "Overall Technical Achievement" Winner (with Craig Choma '93), Vitalist Theatre production of A Passage to India, Jeff Award Winner for costume design for La Bete and Titanic.
- Amy Carlson '90, Actress in Blue Bloods, Third Watch, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, and The Untouchables. Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series nominee for Another World.
- Richard Hoover '69, Tony Award winner for set design with the Broadway production of Not About Nightingales, artistic designer for Twin Peaks.
Some make theatre happen...
- Shop Supervisor and Head Costume Designer, Festival 56. Chloe Vollenweider '17.
- Production Assistant, American Players Theatre. Mya Kahler '14.
- Freelance Stage Manager. Kat Reiser '11. Chicago, Illinois.
- Vice President of Production and Development, Lynda Obst Productions ( Hot in Cleveland, Black Dahlia, Interstellar). Rachel Abarbanell '02. Los Angeles, California.
- General Manager, The Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Theodore DeLong '00.
- Artistic Director, WildClaw Theatre. Allison Greaves Amidei '97. Chicago, Illinois.
Some go into education...
- School Staff, JCC Chicago. James Ruml '14.
- Teacher, New School for the Arts & Academics. Alexandra Dewald '11.
- Teacher Artist, Silver Kite Community Arts. Noel Sherrard '11.
- Assistant Professor, Costume Design, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Allison Amidei '97.
And some have found success in other fields...
- Child and Family Therapist, The Mariposa Center for Infant, Child and Family Enrichment. Megan Hall '08.
- Contractor, Content Strategist, National Association of REALTORS®. Melinda Evans '01.
- Wisconsin State Public Defender, Nationally Recognized Trial Attorney, and International Legal Affairs Consultant. Keith Belzer '85.
- Special Assistant to the President, Duke University and Chair of the Board of Trustees, Knox College. Richard Riddell '72. Tony Award winner in lighting design for Broadway production of Big River.