Knox College Union Board is the premier programming organization on campus. It is allocated a budget -- through student activity fees -- to plan and organize a variety of events throughout the year, including:
- Musicians, bands, and singer-songwriters
- Spoken word poets
- Trivia nights
- Karaoke nights
- Glow dance parties
- Bingo nights
- Movie screenings
- Open microphone nights
- Excursions to events locally and out of town
- Build your own _______ events; street signs, teddy bears, coffee mugs, etc.
- Big Pink Volleyball
- and much more...check out the photo highlight reel from fall term!
Currently, Union Board is divided into four committees: Comedy and Entertainment, Excursions, Music and Spontaneous, and Public Relations. Each committee is run by a committee chair, and the organization as a whole has two student coordinators and one staff advisor. Union Board membership responsibilities and opportunities include:
- Working with professional talent agencies
- Choosing the talent brought to campus
- Planning and running events
- Providing hospitality for artists and performers
- Facilitating meaningful and effective meetings
- Attending regional and national conferences
- Building relationships with fellow students
- Having fun!
If you have any questions regarding Union Board -- what they do, how they do it, or are simply interested in getting involved -- please contact Bethany and Wiktoria; their information is located in the column on your left.