If you're interested in health and medicine, the Knox Pre-Health Club gives you a place to learn about future careers and issues in the field. A large portion of our students are in the pre-med program, and if you're interested in becoming a part of that path, the Pre-Health Club might be right for you, too.
- Raising student awareness about current healthcare issues
- Assisting you in preparation for a professional position in the field of healthcare
- Helping you gain first-hand medical experience through internships and volunteer work at local hospitals, clinics, and animal shelters
- Forming mentoring groups where underclassmen are paired with upperclassmen who give guidance and advice regarding a science education at Knox
- Bringing physicians and healthcare workers to campus to speak on healthcare issues, positions, careers, and lifestyles
- Attending conferences with the American Medical Students Association (AMSA)
Several AMSA events throughout the year involve increased networking, knowledge, and political relevance to medicine and healthcare.
The Pre-Health Club serves as an excellent medium to prepare you for your future career interests by raising awareness and introducing opportunities that may not otherwise be available. If you're interested in a career in a medical or healthcare field, consider joining the club and learning more about your future opportunities.