Knox College Business ClubBusiness Club at Knox is not just open to Business minors, but to anyone who would like to get a head start on building a business-oriented resume. You might find that, in your college experience at Knox, you want a diverse number of options available for you after graduating. With Business Club you can get a chance to learn, and valuables skills and gain exposure to real world business applications that can help you succeed after Knox.
The Knox College Business Club fosters connections between students on campus, influential businesspeople across the greater Galesburg community, and talented individuals laboring in the larger financial community via alumni receptions, excursions to businesses and graduate programs in proximity to the respective Chicago and Saint Louis metropolitan milieus, and networking events in which veritable relationships between Knox students and people in the know with regard to the business world are regularly forged. The Knox College Business Club hosts speakers and panels that are open to the public, offers career resources to all Knox students, and hosts weekly meetings that serve as exclusive events for the club's executive membership in order to nourish the leadership board's communicative abilities and augment the faction's management talents. These executive meetings function as the conduits by which the Knox College Business Club molds its agenda and mulls over events essential to the club's fulfillment of its duty as the principal vehicle by which all Knox students broaden their business acumen and connect with individuals who may be deemed influential in the global knowledge economy.
With Business Club, you can...
- Improve your resume and business acumen by working in groups to consult local small businesses and entrepreneurial start-ups with business strategy.
- Expose yourself to entrepreneurship and innovation through annual visits to businesses in Galesburg and in cities spanning from St. Louis to Chicago; a favorite destination has been Morningstar in Chicago.
- Learn about different prestigious MBA programs through on-site visits and tours. The University of Chicago Booth School of Business has been a popular destination in the past.
- Compete internally with our personally designed "Stock Market Game" and occasional case competitions.
- Bring business-related speakers to campus. The group has sponsored talks by Knox alumni and local professionals in the Business community. Examples include: Max Tappeiner '99, a specialist in the field of anti-money laundering, and John Marchica '88, author of a book on business ethics, and Jeff Pacheco, CEO of Falcon Safety Group in Galesburg.
Learn more about the Business Club opportunities and current events on Facebook.