In Galesburg and at Knox, there are endless beautiful routes to explore via bicycle. Whether traveling to Lake Storey Park or Green Oaks to camp or have a picnic, or just going out for a quick bike ride around downtown Galesburg after classes, the Bike Club at Knox wants to make biking resources available to everyone.
- Giving all students access to bikes and bike accessories
- Helping students realize the joy of biking
- Providing a network for Knox bikers, whether they be students, faculty, or staff, and also members of the Galesburg community
- Providing tools and tips for bike repair and maintenance
- Encouraging the environmental alternative of biking for travel
Members of the club set up bike trips together, chart new routes to explore, and improve their bike-repair skills through regular tune-ups.
For students who do not own a bicycle, Student Sustainability Fund money was recently used to purchase bikes for a bike-sharing program at Knox. The use of these bikes is free and open to all students.
Being a member of the Bike Club is a great way to maintain physical fitness, explore Galesburg, and become more sustainable while also decreasing the overall environmental impact of Knox College.