South Asian Cultures
Meaning "mirror" in Urdu (an Indo-Aryan language of mainly Pakistan and India), the cultural club AAINA gives students a chance to experience and learn about the culture and customs of Southern Asia.
- Hosting events that coincide with South Asian celebrations
- Sharing insight about the unique lifestyle of South Asians
- Enlighten students and the Galesburg community about the diversity of South Asia
- Add more flavor and internationality to the Knox campus
- Throwing water balloons and colored powder for Holi, the Hindu celebration of colors
- Walking down the runway with Boys and Girls Club members during the AAINA fashion show to benefit Heifer International
- Dancing to Bollywood music during the International Student Talent Show at International Fair
By increasing the knowledge of an interesting and politically-charged part of the world among Knox students, AAINA hopes that you can have a more diverse and fulfilling college experience.