Today is the second, and final, day of the 2017 Career Impact Summit, organized by the Knox College Bastian F...
Explore other offices & services
Knox offers approximately 190 apartment spaces for students on campus. Based on the results of the apartment lottery, seniors generally live in apartments as students with the best lottery numbers have generally chosen the apartments.
Three buildings -- Hamblin Hall, 240 W. Tompkins and 284 W. Tompkins -- are located on the northwest corner of the Knox College campus.
While each apartment features a full kitchen, students living in apartments are still required to remain on-board per the policies as outlined in the Student Handbook. Students are responsible for cleaning and maintaining their own apartments and are responsible for leaving them in good condition at the close of the year.
There is an higher housing cost to live in an apartment.
A complete schedule of all college costs will be sent to students later in spring term. Students may add an additional student to their apartment application to be charged the double room fee. The lower fee is only during terms when the apartment is at overload status. No preference or penalty during the apartment lottery is given to overload applications. Students living in singles in the 284 W. Tompkins apartments will only be charged the apartment fee. Students living in Hamblin singles will be charged a special rate; check the fee schedule posted for exact amounts.
Hamblin Hall underwent a major renovation in the summer of 2007. New furniture, carpets, and kitchen appliances were installed, and central air and additional rooms were added. The renovation also included an elevator.
Students living in Hamblin's two apartments containing four singles will not be permitted to overload the apartments.
- Number of Apartments: 32 (15 two-bedroom; 15 one-bedroom; 2 four-bedroom singles)
- Capacity: 2, 3, 4, or 5 students (3, 4, 5, or 6 with overload)
- Bedrooms: One or two (2 or 3 people per room); 2 apartments on Garden Level will have 4 singles
- Kitchen: In apartment, includes full refrigerator, stove, and sink with disposal
- Bathrooms: One per apartment, with shower and tub
- Apartment Furnishings: Dining set (table and chairs), Couches and lounge chair, Coffee and end tables
- Bedroom Furnishings: Standard college 3-drawer dresser, loft-able beds, standard college desk
- Air Conditioning: Central air
- Laundry: In building, on each floor, basement has card-swipe to use Flex dollars
- Vending Machines: On second floor and in laundry area
- Network Connections: Wireless
284 W. Tompkins was also at one time a privately-owned apartment complex. Each apartment is fully furnished and is comprised of a living room, bathroom, bedrooms, kitchen and dining area.
Apartments at 284 W. Tompkins house three or five people (four or six with an overload), with either one or two bedrooms plus one student in the sun room.
The design of the 284 W. Tompkins apartments places the bathroom adjacent to the larger bedrooms, so the student in the sun room must walk through another bedroom to reach the bathroom.
Knox College also offers apartment-style living at 240 W. Tompkins, commonly referred to as "Exec," a throwback to the days when it was privately owned.
Back to Hello.knox.edu