Since its founding, Knox has hosted visits by 9 Americans who served as president. #presidentsday #KnoxProud ...
Explore other offices & services
Information Technology Services Help Desk
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401-4999
College-owned Windows Desktop and Laptop Computers with Wired Connections
This applies for most office computers (all Windows machines with wired connections). If you have a laptop, be sure that the network cable is plugged in before proceeding.
You should use your office computer for this process rather than going to a lab or other location.
NOTE: Be prepared to immediately change saved passwords on any other devices on which your Knox password is saved. Failure to do so will result in a lockout of your account as these devices will repeatedly attempt to use your old password.
1. Once logged into the computer, simultaneously press the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys.
2. From the window that pops up (pictured), click Change Password.
3. Enter your Old Password, enter your New Password, and confirm your New Password.
4. The confirmation that your password had been changed will appear (pictured).
5. Under Windows XP you will need to click Cancel to return to your desktop.
Back to Hello.knox.edu