Going to a medical provider alone for the first time can be intimidating. There are some things you can do for it to be a productive appointment.
- Bring your prescriptions with you. This will make it easy for the medical provider to see what you are taking, along with amount, in order for continuity of care.
- If you have had any significant medical procedure/diagnosis, either current or a history, bring the information with you.
- Especially during cold and flu season, Health Services can be very busy. In order to best utilize your time, we suggest that you call ahead for an appointment at 309 341-7559. Every effort will be made to see students in a timely manner, but be prepared to have to wait. Everyone's health is important, including yours. Having something to do can help make the time go by faster.
- Ask questions. This is the time to be active in your health care. Write them down if you are concerned that you may forget.
- If you do not understand something, speak up. Ask questions. The health care staff is there is treat your illness and to educate you and answer your questions.