The Knox College vehicle rental program provides transportation in support of authorized campus activities.
Effective July 1, 2018, all employees and students who drive vehicles owned by Knox College or rented in the name of Knox College must watch a training video before they can rent a vehicle or drive on College business.
To watch the video, go to the Employee Login Page and enter the access code DSALR5LH. From the list of options, choose "Defensive Driving for Non-commercial Motorists."
Your completion of the training video will be verified before a reservation can be made on a rental car for you. Kristy Ladendorf in facility services maintains the list. If you question whether you have completed the training, please call her at 309-341-7338.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years of age.
- All drivers must register with Administrative Services by completing a Driver Agreement each fiscal year beginning July 1.
- All drivers must have a current valid driver's license and a good driving record:
- No driver may have more than two at-fault accidents and/or violations within the last 36 months.
- No driver may have a violation for drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs, speeding 25 miles or more over the speed limit, or reckless driving within the last 60 months, or have a reinstated license in effect less than one year after revocation.
- At the discretion of the Director of Facilities Services and upon approval by the College's insurer, exceptions may be made to the above.
Kristy Ladendorf is the contact person for all general campus vehicle rentals. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or at ext. 7338.
Stephanie McMillan is the contact person for only athletic vehicle rentals. Contact her at email@example.com or at ext. 7281.
- A Motor Vehicle Reservation Form must be completed and returned to Administrative Services. No vehicle will be reserved without a Motor Vehicle Reservation Form.
- If you are renting a large van, see the Vehicle Use Policy for Large Vans.
- Faculty and staff must complete a Motor Vehicle Reservation Form and return it to the Administrative Services Center.
- Students are not permitted to reserve vehicles.
- Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.
- Administrative Services does not provide drivers.
- Administrative Services personnel are responsible for assignment of vehicles.
- Cell phones must be requested at the time of vehicle reservation and must be used for emergencies only.
- Administrative Services will give you a copy of the reservation form to confirm your reservation.
- Your reservation slip and your driver's license are required to pick up a vehicle.
- If a reservation slip is lost or misplaced, please contact Administrative Services for a replacement.
- The Director of Facilities Services may postpone or cancel reservations due to severe weather conditions.
Pickup and Return
- Vehicles are picked up at the Facilities Services garage area and returned to the same location prior to the return time on the Motor Vehicle Reservation Form.
- Make sure that the credit card and credit card receipts are left in the packet when dropping off the vehicle and returning the keys. Please do not take the keys, receipts or packets with you.
- Early pickups will not be permitted without prior approval from Administrative Services.
- Vehicles should be returned promptly to the Facilities Services garage area and checked in by College personnel.
- A vehicle inspection will be made at the time of checkout and return.
- If vehicle is returned after hours, please lock the vehicle and insert keys in the drop box.
- Faculty, staff and students may use College rental vehicles for authorized College activities.
- The vehicle rental contract must be in the vehicle at all times.
- Gasoline credit cards are furnished with each vehicle and are to be used only for gasoline purchases in connection with that particular car and that particular trip.
- Insurance and emergency information is located in the packet stored in the glove compartment of each vehicle.
- Mechanical problems and/or damage must be reported in writing when the vehicle is returned to the College.
- In the event of an accident or damage to a vehicle, report the incident to Administrative Services at Ext. 7898 as soon as practicable. (See In Case of Accident)
- Charges to College accounts will consist of the vehicle rental charge plus gas purchases.
- Late cancellations and late returns are subject to charges to cover any fees incurred.
- Driver assumes all responsibility for any and all fines and traffic violations associated with his/hers use of a vehicle. Your college departmental account will pay the toll fee as part of doing business for the College, but all tollway fines will be billed to driver.
- If a driver misses a toll, you can go the Illinois Tollway website, click on missed tolls within (7) days, pay the toll charge without any fines. After the seven days, there is a $20 fine and then if unpaid, it goes to $100.
- Some departments who travel toll roads on a regular bases have obtained an I-Pass transponder as a way to help avoid not having the appropriate cash and to avoid missed tolls. Departments can also obtain and manage their I-Pass by going to the Illinois Tollway website.
- In the event all available College rental vehicles are reserved, it is the responsibility of the person requesting the vehicle to find transportation. If the College is unable to secure a vehicle, College policy does allow reimbursement for use of personal vehicles through a Travel Expense Report filed with the Business Office. PLEASE NOTE THAT PERSONAL AUTO INSURANCE IS PRIMARY WHEN A PERSONAL VEHICLE IS USED ON COLLEGE BUSINESS.