Tips from Alumni at the Annual Career Impact Summit
Knox College Alumni provided students with insights and advice about searching for jobs and pursuing careers at the Career Impact Summit held from January 4-5, the first weekend of the 2019 winter term. The following is a sampling of what they had to say to students:
- "It's really important to be relentless in perfecting your resume." — Jess Drew '07, Human Resources Generalist at Cure SMA.
- “Combining your Knox education with practical experience will take you far” — Jeff Gipson ‘94, Senior Product Manager at PULSE.
- “Don't compare yourself to others." Instead, consider: "Am I better today than I was yesterday?" — Ryan Cannady '99, Vice President of Sales at Deere Employees Credit Union.
- "Try your best at any job you're at." — Jess Drew '07, Human Resources Generalist at Cure SMA.
- "Recognize that stress is part of life." — Valerie Jencks '84, Executive Director at Prairie Family Therapy.
- “No matter what you do, you have to find a work-life balance to make sure you don’t burn out” — Keisha Gipson ‘95, School Psychologist in Arlington Heights School District #25.
Published on January 25, 2019