The normal order of Registrar business is facing disruption no less than every other part of existence. In the interests of offering some clarity about the next few weeks, I am sharing this revised timeline for our usual end-of-winter, start-of-spring activities in the Registrar's Office.
1. Winter Term Grades are still due on Wednesday, March 18 at 1 PM. I know this deadline is a tough one to meet in these circumstances, but it is necessary to be able to turn toward Spring Term activities for faculty, students, and many other offices that depend on a definitive wrap-up to Winter Term.
2. All Spring Term course changes and cancellations should be submitted to the Registrar by Friday, March 20.
3. Registration for Spring Term will reopen sometime on March 25-26. Advisors will be able to make changes to students' schedules directly. The exact launch date will be announced once we are able process the updates to the Spring Term schedule.
4. Drop/Add Period: To simplify the Drop / Add Period at the start of Spring Term, the registration system will remain open continuously through the first week of classes, closing on April 7. This change should streamline the process for students, instructors, and advisors to make changes, but it does require that instructors be mindful of the enrollment caps set for their courses. For example, any instructor maintaining a waitlist for a course should contact Karen Benedict so she can adjust the enrollment cap accordingly.
5. Academic Year 2020-21 Course Planning: To ease the burden on faculty and departments over the next two weeks, we are pushing back the entire course planning process for AY 2020-21 by two weeks. Department / program chairs will need to submit initial AY 2020-21 course schedules by Monday, April 13 at 1:00 pm.
We will share full details on each of these Spring Term activities as we get closer to these events. I hope this overview can contribute to simplifying your work in the short term.
Provost and Dean of the College