With Chinese Club, any student on campus has a chance to learn about the culture of one of our largest student populations. Chinese Club regularly plans events to celebrate China's 5,000 years of history and to inform students about what is going on in China today.
- Educating students about Chinese traditions
- Giving insight to Chinese culture and politics
- Discussing China's past and present political climate
- Disproving Chinese stereotypes or common misconceptions
- Asian Heritage Month (as part of the Asian Student Association)
- Trips to Chicago's Chinatown
- Chinese film nights
- East Asian Night
- Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration, also known as the Moon Festival, is rooted in China's Zhou Dynasty and is meant to celebrate togetherness and abundance. In Chinese culture, this time is spent eating traditional food like moon cakes and honoring the harvest moon
Any and all students are welcome to participate in meetings and events with Chinese Club.