Division of Student Development
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
The Sherwin - Neifert - Furrow Residence Hall complex was built in 1966, forming part of the " Quad."
The buildings are named after three noted Knox professors. Proctor Fenn Sherwin was a member of the English Department from 1924 to 1957. Ira Neifert was a professor of chemistry who taught from 1915 until 1958. Clarence Lee Furrow taught biology from 1936 to 1955.
Sherwin-Neifert houses students in two common living areas by floor for students to share. Each suite has 4 singles and 7 doubles, one single serving as the resident assistant (RA) room. The two wings of Furrow Hall offer spacious rooms in arrangements of three. Four rooms are also available in the basement of Neifert hall.
Laundry facilities are located in the basement. Small kitchen facilities are available including oven and range, microwave, and stainless steel sinks (Sherwin basement). Parking is available along the street and in the parking lots located across the street from the "New Quad." A lounge is available in the basement of these halls (TV and a full complement of furniture).
The Health and Counseling Center is also housed on the first floor of this complex.
National and international
awards won by Catch