The KNect program connects alumni to students in the professional world across a variety of sectors to facilitate a deeper, cutting-edge understanding of career opportunities and trends.
Through meaningful interaction, we can inspire learning and encourage lasting relationships between alumni and students. The Office of Alumni Relations hosts a variety of interactive events, in cooperation with the Bastian Family Career Center. Students benefit from the advice and guidance from experienced professionals and alumni remain connected to Knox.
- Professional in Residence Series: During each term, Knox alumni return to campus or virtually interact with students, faculty, and staff. During the visit, alumni offer insights and advice to help students discover their passions and launch meaningful careers.
- KNext Step Life Skills: Aims to better prepare Knox students for life after college. Hosted once per month, the events teach life skills that will help students more easily adjust to the everyday challenges of life. Sponsored by the Alumni Relations Office and Bastian Family Career Center.
- KNect Alumni Networking App: This new and free mobile application puts Knox alumni, events, and news on your mobile device - wherever you are. The KNect app includes an alumni nearby feature, a mobile alumni directory with LinkedIn integration, Knox alumni calendar, and Knox social media feeds. KNect is a convenient way for you to network with classmates and other alumni. (Available July 2017).
- Knox Alumni Mentoring Program (KAMP): This program is designed to foster new opportunities for alumni to assist current students in connecting the classroom experience to their career paths. KAMP is a way to help ease a student's transition from college to the real-world for student.
- Chicago Connections Immersion Program: A two-and-a-half day shadowing trip for pre-health students to shadow with medical professionals, network with alumni, and experience Chicago culture and the daily life of a medical professional. The connections program brings students into alumni workplaces to explore careers and broaden their perspective on what they can do with a liberal arts education.
- Parke Ethicist in Residence Program: Knox believes that issues of ethics and values are at the heart of every human endeavor. The Parke Ethicist in Residence program was established to expose students to cases they could face in their professional and personal lives.