Knox will celebrate the presentation of Alumni Achievement Awards on Friday, May 13, 2022
2022 Alumni Achievement Award Presentations
Merry Sloan Mosbacher '80
- Started her 38-year career at Edward Jones as a student intern while pursuing her MBA and was named a principal just five short years later in 1986. Retired in 2019 as the most tenured woman partner in the firm.
- Her experience spanned investment banking, insurance & annuity products and diversity & inclusion. She currently serves as a trustee of the firm’s Bridge Builder Mutual Funds.
- She helped shape strategy and developed new products, tools and systems to meet the needs of individual investors as the firm grew from roughly 400 financial advisors when she started to more than 18,000 today.
- She was an active volunteer at Knox which continued into her professional life and retirement. She has received numerous awards for her achievements, including being named one of St. Louis’ 25 most influential businesswomen and a St. Louis Woman of Achievement.
Hardika Shah '92
- Founder & CEO of fintech Kinara Capital, which is at the forefront of driving financial inclusion of small business entrepreneurs in India.
- With 110 branches serving more than 90 cities in India, Kinara has supported more than 250,000 jobs in local economies and more than $100 million generated in income for small business entrepreneurs.
- Prior to founding her company, Shah spent two decades as a management consultant for global companies in the United States, Europe and Asia; and for almost a decade was a mentor for emerging social entrepreneurs.
- Has been noted as one of the "Top 20 Most Powerful Women" by Forbes India; one of the "Top 40 Social Entrepreneurs" by Causeartist; one of "7 Solo-Woman Entrepreneurs Who Raised the Largest Funding Amount in India" by Yahoo!; and recently one of "5 Women in Fintech Who're Now Taking Over India's Finance Domain."
2022 Young Alumni Achievement Award Presentations
Shane Fogerty '09
- Earned his Ph.D. in astrophysics at the University of Rochester and is a scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory, leading teams of researchers and students in innovative scientific projects.
- National and international conference speaker and published author in numerous prestigious scientific journals across multiple disciplines.
- His research on physics simulations has contributed to the responsible stewardship of our nation's nuclear stockpile and the nonproliferation of nuclear arms.
- As a mentor and teacher, Fogerty created learning environments that allowed students to thrive and as a result has been awarded multiple teaching commendations from his alma maters.