The Knox College/Carl Sandburg College Dual Admission Program is designed for students who intend to pursue a Bachelor's degree upon completion of an Associate of Arts (A.A.) Degree or Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree at Carl Sandburg College. Students meeting the requirements of the Dual Admission Program are offered a guaranteed pathway for admission and enrollment at Knox College upon completion of the Associate's Degree. Following formal admission to Carl Sandburg College, interested students should submit the Application for Dual Admission. By agreeing to participate in the Dual Admission Program, your transfer credit will be evaluated each semester and you'll receive academic advisement as appropriate and periodic program updates.
- Complete your Application for Dual Admission. The application can be completed as a high school senior or during your first three semesters at Carl Sandburg College.
- In addition to the Application for Dual Admission, you should request transcripts to be sent directly to Knox College from your high school and from Carl Sandburg College.
- The Knox College Office of Admission will notify you of your acceptance into the Dual Admission Program, including the parameters and requirements to maintain eligibility in the program. The final decision on your acceptance to the Dual Admission Program will be made by Knox College.
- The semester prior to enrolling at Knox, you will need to complete the Common Application to confirm your intention to enroll at Knox College.
How to Apply
Please complete the Application for Dual Admission.
- Dual Admission students must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative college GPA, based on all course work from all colleges attended.
- Completion of an A.A. or A.S. Degree should satisfy most general education requirements for Knox College.
- Upon completion of an A.A. or A.S. you will be guaranteed two years of college credit to be applied towards your college degree.
- Dual Admission participants who elect to transfer to Knox College prior to completing an A.A. or A.S. Degree may apply for admission to Knox at any time subject to the transfer admission requirements and procedures in effect at the time of transfer.