Costs and Expenses
The Knox College Program in Besancon
Choosing a study abroad program is one of the most important decisions you will make during your college years. Once you have selected the right program for you, the next step is to identify the resources that will enable you to pay for it.
Though modest increases may occur, the 2011-2012 Program Fees are:
Upon acceptance into the program, you will receive an exact schedule of fees and refunds. Financial aid is available.
What's included in the cost of the program?
- living arrangements
- meals and local bus transportation in Besançon
- travel from the airport of arrival to Besançon, as well as return travel to the airport
- educational trips
- $200 to travel over the December holiday vacation (for fall/winter and full-year students) and $200 for the Easter vacation (for full-year and winter/spring students).
What additional expenses should I prepare for?
- passport and visa
- physical exam, as a medical report must be signed by your doctor before departure
- personal expenses, for such things as books, laundry, cell phone and individual travel
- "fun money" for coffees, going out to eat, and going "out and about"
- transatlantic airfare
Knox College students currently receiving financial aid may use their financial aid toward program costs. Students from other colleges should check with their home school regarding off-campus study and financial aid policies.