Where will your music degree take you?
A Knox music education opens doors to many possible futures for our graduates.
Some are performers...
- Adam Prairie '05, Independent Musician/Songwriter/Bandmember, Seattle, Washington.
- Trey Stone '93, Pianist, Second City, Chicago, Illinois.
- Christine Steyer '92, Opera singer, Chicago Lyric Opera Chorus, Chicago, Illinois.
Some are music educators...
- John Eisemann '10, Director of Choirs, Grant High School, Portland, Oregon.
- Samantha Heimstreet '10, Private Voice Instructor, Lake Mills, Wisconsin.
- Erik Nussbaum '93, Director of Music, Chicago Temple, Chicago, Illinois.
Some go to grad school...
- Edward Davis '12, Doctorate of Musical Arts Studies in Music Composition, University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Corey Heppner '10, Masters in Jazz Studies, Portland State University.
- Yumi Kusunoki '10, Master of Arts in Ethnomusicology, University of Wisconsin.
- Heather Holmquest '05 , Ph.D. in Music Theory, University of Oregon.
Some work in higher education...
- Kira Horel '06, Assistant Professor of Music/Director of Orchestra, Florida Southern College.
- Will Faber '07, Lecturer in Ethnomusicology, University of Chicago.
- Jeffrey Sandborg '75, Naomi Brandon and George Emery Wade Professor of Music/Director of Choral Activities, Roanoke College, Roanoke, Virginia.
Others have succeeded in fields outside of music...
- Josh Gartis '12, Project Assistant, Kirkland & Ellis, Chicago, Illinois.
- Robert Tunstall '06, Bilingual Japanese Translator, Nintendo, Seattle, Washington.
- Jill Reeve Kirk '77, Senior Managing Actuary, CNO Financial, Carmel, Indiana.
Learn more about life after Knox.