Where will your music degree take you?
A Knox music education opens doors to many possible futures for our graduates.
Some are pursuing their education...
- Graduate Student, Western Illinois University. Rachel Cheng '17.
- Doctorate of Musical Arts Studies in Music Composition, University of Missouri-Kansas City. Edward Davis '12.
- Masters in Jazz Studies, Portland State University. Corey Heppner '10.
- Master of Arts in Ethnomusicology, University of Wisconsin. Yumi Kusunoki '10.
Some are performers (or directors!)...
- Independent Musician/Songwriter/Bandmember. Adam Prairie '05. Seattle, Washington.
- Musician/Pianist/Songwriter. Trey Stone '93.
- Director of Music, Chicago Temple. Erik Nussbaum '93. Chicago, Illinois.
- Opera singer, Chicago Lyric Opera Chorus. Christine Steyer '92. Chicago, Illinois.
Some go into education...
- Music Teacher, Ewing Marion Kauffman School. Martina Bergstrom '15.
- Teacher, Portland Public Schools. John Eisemann '10. Portland, Oregon.
- Private Voice Instructor. Samantha Heimstreet '10. Lake Mills, Wisconsin.
- Lecturer in Ethnomusicology, University of Chicago. Will Faber '07.
- Assistant Professor of Music and Director of Orchestra, Florida Southern College. Kira Horel '06.
- Instructor, Buena Vista University. Heather Holmquest '05.
- Naomi Brandon and George Emery Wade Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities, Roanoke College. Jeffrey Sandborg '75. Roanoke, Virginia.
And some have found success in other fields...
- Application Consultant, Workforce Software. Rebecca Krupp '16.
- Project Assistant, Kirkland & Ellis. Josh Gartis '12. Chicago, Illinois.
- Bilingual Japanese Translator, Nintendo. Robert Tunstall '06. Seattle, Washington.
- Senior Managing Actuary, CNO Financial. Jill Reeve Kirk '77. Carmel, Indiana.
Learn more about life after Knox.