5 (Of the Many!) Ways Our Grads Are Finding Success After Knox
1. Some are physicians.
- Rick Nishimura, M.D., '75, Cardiologist, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota.
- Susan Arjimand, M.D., '83, Medical Director, Chicago Police Department, Chicago, Illinois.
- Kelsea Lipe Flanagan, M.D., '02, Emergency Medicine Physician, Edward Hospital, Naperville, Illinois.
- Caroline Martz Lee, M.D. Ph.D., '03, Pediatric Internal Medicine Physician, Barnes Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Michael DeGrand, M.D. '04, Emergency Medicine Physician, Kalamazoo Emergency Associates, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
2. Some are researchers.
- Spyros Condos, M.D., '67, Director of Surgical Research, Yale University Office of Telemedicine, New Haven, Connecticut.
- Valerie Cwik, M.D., '77, Medical Director/Executive VP for Research, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Tucson, Arizona.
- Linda Ehrlich-Jones, Ph.D., R.N., '79, Clinical Research Scientist, Shirley Ryan Ability Lab, Chicago, Illinois.
3. Some are in training.
- Opokua Amoabeng, M.D. '10, Obstetrics and Gynecology Resident, SUNY Downstate University, Brooklyn, New York.
- Sarah McDowell, M.D., '11, Internal Medicine/Pediatrics Resident, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio.
- Ramya Venigalla, D.O. '11, Emergency Medicine Resident, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Naomi Akagi, M.D. '12, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Resident, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, California.
4. Some go to medical school.
- Justin Steele, '13, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois.
- Hatim Mustaly, '13, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Massachusetts.
- Carlos Garcia, '15, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois.
- Florina Corpodean, '16, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, D.C.
- Emily Rosen, '17, Dell Medical School, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas.
5. Some work in higher education.
- Christopher DeWald, M.D., '83, Assistant Professor, Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois.
- Barbara Tyl Post, M.D., '79, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Sidharth Mahapatra, M.D., Ph.D., '01, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Critical Care, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Dr. Alicia Barnes, D.O., M.P.H., ‘04, Assistant Professor, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, St. Louis University School of Medicine.
Learn more about life after Knox.