4 (Of the Many!) Ways Our Latin American Studies Grads Are Finding Success After Knox
Some are pursuing their education...
- Graduate Student in Spanish, Northern Illinois University, Cody Happ '06.
Some work internationally...
- Instructor of Spanish, St. Gilgen International School, Austria, Sandra Gutierrez-Ruiz '93.
- Freelance and Official Translator and Interpreter, Isabel Cubillo '89.
- Principal Professor in Intelligent Transport, De Montfort University, United Kingdom, David Elizondo-Acuna '86.
- Guia de Turismo Naturalista, Fre Lance, Gioconda Cabalceta '84.
- Technical Assistant, Eletrobras, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Mary Cairns Guerrero '77.
Some go into education...
- Spanish Teacher, Montessori Habitat, Kathleen Easley, '11.
- Assistant Director of Admission, Knox College, Rosie Worthen '11.
- Adjunct Professor, Harold Washington Community College, Alejandro Muzzio '08.
- Information Security Analyst, Duo Security, Kathryn Sweet '08.
- Associate Teacher, Bright Beginnings, Elizabeth Fate '08.
- Assistant Director of Academic Advising and Administration for MBA Programs, GW School of Business, George Washington University, Jeffery Peden '04.
- Independent Researcher, Educo Research, Pam Hernandez '02.
And some have found success in other fields...
- Organizer, Citizen Action of Wisconsin, Anna Dvorak '12.
- Litigation Associate, Gray Plant Mooty, Amanda Sicoli '11.
- Social Worker, Casey Norton '07.
- Ecommerce Project Manager, Mi9 Retail, Erica Jessen '06.
- Director, Arabella Advisors, Krista Batey '05.
- Licensed Professional Therapist, Creative Roots Therapy, Erin Spier '04.
- Assistant Vice President, Aon Trade Credit, Brooklyn, New York, Kara Van Kirk Levin '97.
- Governor, Region 10 Board of Governors, American Society of Civil Engineers, April Lander '87.
- Senior Director- Investments, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., Dirk Van Roon '86.
- Consultant, Resources Global Professionals, Nancy Borman '82.
Learn more about life after Knox.