5 (Of the Many!) Ways Our Grads Are Finding Success After Knox
1. Some pursue advanced degrees.
- Ph.D. Graduate Student in History, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota. Sarah Pawlicki, '17.
- Ph.D. Graduate Student in History, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minnesota. Ai Miller '16.
- Ph.D. Graduate Student in History, University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. Emily Lobenstein '15.
- Masters of Library and Information Science Graduate Student, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois. Bridget Golembiewski '15.
- Master of Divinity Graduate Student, Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary, and Masters of Social Work Graduate Student, Loyola University, Chicago. Gloria Feliciano Feltman '10
2. Some become educators.
- Teacher, St Luke's Elementary School, River Forest, Illinois. Ellen Lipo, '16
- Teen Labs Mentor, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sienna Cittadino '13.
- English Teaching Assistant, Fulbright Commission, Rio Grande, Argentina. Kathryn Frank '12.
- Dean of Students, DeKalb High School, DeKalb, Illinois. Maurice McDavid '10.
- Careers Pathway Specialist, John Muir Charter Schools, California. Erika Barrish '06
3. Some work to preserve public history.
- Regional Coordinator of Illinois History Day, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library, Springfield, Illinois. Kate Suits '15.
- Library Page, Madison Public Library, Madison, Wisconsin. Tyler Oakey '14.
- Digital Assessment Management System/ Rights and Reproductions Manager, The Smithsonian Museum, Washington, D.C. Jessica Brode '13.
- Librarian, Kankakee Public Library, Chicago, Illinois. Marta Gulyash '13.
- Educational Programming and Events Coordinator, National Mining Hall of Fame Museum and Museum, Leadville, Colorado. Margaret Spiegel '10.
4. Some explore careers in business and law.
- Attorney, James Kelly Law Firm, Peoria, Illinois. Alex Davis '11.
- Assistant Vice President and Program Manager in Global Markets, Deutsche Bank, London, United Kingdom. Catherine Dodman '11.
- Senior Manager, Pearson North America, Chicago, Illinois. Kevin Morris '11.
- Director of Advocacy & Senior Attorney, Domestic Violence Legal Clinic, Chicago, Illinois. Ashley Olson '08
- Founding Partner, Former President and CEO of Gillette Corporation, Centerview Partners, Rye, New York. James Kilts '70.
5. Some find success in other fields.
- Research Specialist, The Washington Papers, Charlottesville, Virginia. Elisa Shields '14.
- Executive Officer, United Nations Command Military Armistice Commission, Seoul, Korea. Joseph Puntoriero '13.
- Senior Representative, Public Relations and Communications, UTC Aerospace Systems, Rockford, Illinois. Tim Schmeling '11.
- Senior Editor, Worth Magazine, New York City, New York. Benjamin Reeves '11.
- Development Associate, Edlavitch Jewish Community Center of Washington, DC. Erin Dreyfuss '10.