A Knox environmental studies education opens doors to many possible futures for our graduates.
Some go into the environmental studies field...
- Marcia Damato '87, Environmentalist, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, Chicago, Illinois.
- Rachel Deffenbaugh '09, Urban Ag Educator, Gateway Greening, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Shane Donegan '10, Urban Forestry Specialist, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Jason Isbell '04, Biological Science Technician, U.S. Forest Service, Bedford, Indiana
Some go to graduate school...
- Jordan Durrett '13, Graduate Student/Public Policy, University of Chicago.
- Kathryn Quesnell '12, Graduate Student/ Geology, Northern Illinois University
- Mary Warner '13, Graduate Student/Sustainable Energy, Rochester Institute of Technology
Some become educators...
- Lindsey Klink '03, Teacher, Broward County Public Schools, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Jessica Joyce '11, Science Teacher, Aurora East High School, Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
- Daniel Priesto '07, Science Teacher, Cissna Park School District, Cissna Park, Illinois
And some find success in fields outside of environmental studies...
- Selene Gonzalez '08, Community Organizer, Little Village Environmental Justice Organization.
- Daniel DiMeo '09, Paralegal, Wilmette, Illinois
- Christina Holloway '96, Legal Consultant, LexisNexus, Miamisbu, Ohio.