A Knox biology education opens doors to many possible futures for our graduates.
Some are researchers...
- Ruth Olech '98, Assistant Scientist, Pfizer, Inc. Groton, Connecticut.
- Gregory Bradley '90, Research Scientist, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois.
- Denis Baylor '61, Professor of Neurobiology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California; Member, National Academy of Sciences
- Sean Kahrhoff '97, Wildlife Biologist, Portland, Oregon
Some go into medicine (for you or your pet!)...
- Sasha Murphy '11, Optometrist, Illinois College of Optometry, Chicago, Illinois.
- Kathleen Cathey '90. Family Nurse Practitioner, Deming Primary Care Clinic, Deming, New Mexico.
- Steven Etheridge '83, Veterinarian, Stephenson Veterinary Hospital, Rockford, Illinois.
- Alison Snyder-Warwick '00, Pediatric Plastic Surgeon, St. Louis, Missouri
Some go to graduate or medical school...
- Stephanie Lashway '12, Graduate Student, PhD program in Epidemiology, University of Arizona.
- Shaunak Mulani '12, Medical Student, George Washington University.
- James Lichtenstein '14, Graduate Student, PhD program, Ecology and Evolution, University of Pittsburg.
- Cheng Cheng '13, Graduate Student, PhD program in Molecular Biology, Washington University, St. Louis.
Some go into education...
- Joshua Hamer '00, Biology and Chemistry Teacher, Sandwich High School, Sandwich, Illinois.
- Erma Selser '89, Lab Instructor, Grand View College, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Chris Carpeneter, '00, Middle School Science, Lombard Middle School, Galesburg, Illinois.
And others find success in other fields...
- Nyerere Billups '99, Associate Director, Early Development and Project Management, Office for Janssen: A Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, San Francisco, California.
- J. Randall Cox '88, Attorney/Partner, Feldman, Wasser, Draper & Benson, Springfield, Illinois.
- Paul Crawford '96, Development Director, Alzheimer's Association, Wes Des Moines, Iowa.
- Joan Masover '74, Investment Advisor, IPAM-FWG, Fairfield, Iowa
Learn more about life after Knox.