KNOX ROCKS! Check out a few shots from the winter concert put on by the Knox College Music Department 🎤 🎷 �...
Associate Professor of Biology
2 East South Street
Galesburg, IL 61401-4999
What you're doing on Green Oaks Term
1. Living with about a dozen other students in a renovated horse barn at our 700-acre Green Oaks biological field station, 20 miles from campus.
2. Taking unusual interdisciplinary classes. Examples: ecology, anthropology, nature writing, nature and art, utopian societies, regional natural history, sustainability. Plus: field trips, visits from guest speakers, and a barn dance.
3. Doing field work in the aforementioned 700 acres, which are home to tallgrass prairie, old growth oaks, second-growth oak-hickory forest, lakes, and streams. And then doing a final project that explores a focused topic in a range of possible ways: creative work, research, scholarship, or a hybrid approach that no one has tried before (which is the general spirit of Green Oaks).
4. Being part of -- actually, building -- a small, experimental, high-functioning community that happens to be fully integrated into its natural surroundings.
5. Re-wiring your brain. Being transformed. Seeing the world differently -- and changing your life accordingly.