Honor Roll of Donors 2009
Charts & Graphs
To say that our last giving year (July 1, 2008-June 30, 2009) was extraordinary is a bit of an understatement. Knox, like colleges and other philanthropic organizations throughout the country, was faced with a daunting challenge -- to meet our fundraising goals during the worst recession since the Great Depression.
Having faced economic challenges in the past, we were confident that we could weather the current storm. We anticipated that the Knox Fund might be down -- in the end by a mere 3% -- but what we did not anticipate to the fullest was the response from you, our donors. Thanks to a challenge from Trustee Duke Petrovich '74 and his wife, Nancy, 5,523 alumni gave to Knox last year, setting a College record.
Other statistics of note:
- 75% of all classes saw an increase in alumni donors.
- 27 classes -- or 35% -- reached 40% or greater participation.
- 8 classes reached 50% or greater participation.
- The Class of 1951 had the greatest class participation at 55%.
- 90% of the Class of 2009 made a gift during their Senior Challenge.
- Marian Miner Miller is our shining star, having given to Knox every year since her graduation in 1942.
Thank you to all donors -- alumni, parents, and friends -- who gave to Knox. Below are links to PDF documents listing all donors by class year and other donors to the College by category.