The Knox College Japanese Club welcomes everyone interested in exploring the cultures and traditions of Japan.
- Help students gain a new perspective on Japanese culture
- Teach students about Japanese traditions as well as pop culture
- Provide a support base for those learning the language
- Hold campus-wide events that encourage students to learn more about Japanese culture
- In an effort to bring Japan to Knox, the club hosted this celebration of spring with a Japanese meal, flowers, and traditional drinks
- Participation in the annual International Fair
- Japanese Club participates in I-Fair by sharing select Japanese dishes as well as some form of entertainment at our booth.
- Annual trip to Mitsuwa
- Mitsuwa is the largest Japanese market in the mid-west. Students are able to eat authentic food and have the opportunity to practice their Japanese, as well as the chance to compare Western culture and Japanese culture via books, magazines, and music.
Japanese Club meets every Thursday at 5:30pm in the Roger Taylor Lounge.