The Sherwin - Neifert - Furrow Residence Hall complex was built in 1966, forming part of the "New Quad."
The buildings are named after three noted Knox professors. Proctor Fenn Sherwin was a member of the English Department from 1924 to 1957. Ira Neifert was a professor of chemistry who taught from 1915 until 1958. Clarence Lee Furrow taught biology from 1936 to 1955.
The Suites in Sherwin-Neifert are home to first year students. The building in co-ed by floor housing 18 first-year students per floor in 4 singles and 7 doubles with one upper-class student serving as the resident assistant. Each floor has two common living areas for students to share. For upper-class students, the two wings of Furrow Hall offer spacious rooms in arrangements of three. Four rooms are also available in the basement of Neifert hall.
Laundry facilities are located in the basement. Small kitchen facilities are available including: oven and range, microwave, and stainless steel sinks (Sherwin basement). Parking is available along the street and in the parking lots located across the street from the "New Quad." A lounge is available in the basement of these halls (TV, vending machines, and a full compliment of furniture).