Post Hall was built in 1962 and named after Janet Greig Post, an 1894 Knox graduate who later served as dean of women at Knox and was the first woman elected to the Knox Board of Trustees.
Post Hall is Knox College's all-female residence hall. Located next to the "Old Quad" and across the street from the International House, Post Hall houses both first year women and co-ed upper class students. Post Hall offers extensive laundry facilities, 2 large complete kitchens in the basement, vending machines, and spacious lounges. One of the most well-known features of Post is its lobby. Home to many campus events, the Post lobby is bi-leveled, houses a piano, numerous comfortable seating areas, tables, and access to an outdoor patio -comfortably furnished and beautifully landscaped. The Lobby also features a big screen television.
The suites of Post Hall also offer numerous advantages. Beyond being comfortable and welcoming in appearance, the two-floor suites have beautiful views of campus. There are four bathrooms per suite in Post, each with its own bathtub and shower, heater, and ample storage space.