PrintShareE-Mail This Page

Simonds - Drew - Longden - Griffith Houses

Simonds, Drew, Longden, and Griffith Halls comprise four connected housing units. The building as a whole is commonly referred to as "Four-name". Each unit is three floors high and features a suite-style living area.  

The complex is named after four noted Knox professors; William E. Simonds was a professor of English from 1889 to 1930, William Prentice Drew taught Latin from 1906 to 1930, Herbert E. Griffith was a professor of chemistry from 1897 to 1920, and Aladine C. Longden was a member of the physics faculty from 1901 to 1926.