The histories and cultures of Spain and Latin America are long, rich, and exciting to explore. With Spanish Club, students can explore the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world, practice speaking Spanish with others in the club, and broaden their worldviews. We aim to make space for those of Spanish or Latino background on campus, call attention to the beauty of the latino world, and share the culture with everyone at Knox and in the community. Spanish club aims to increase appreciation for diversity and allow students to step outside preconceived notions of the world.
- Bringing native speakers to campus
- Performing a Catalan dance and making traditional Spanish food for the International Fair
- Sponsoring a campus film viewing of Heart of the Factory/Corazon de Fabrica and bringing the director, Ernesto Ardito, to campus
- Sponsoring a three-day Spanish film festival at the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Galesburg
- Hosting weekly Spanish Table at lunch in the Oak Room to practice speaking Spanish, or to engage with diverse students in your native language if you are of a Hispanic background
- Making a space for those of Spanish or Latino background on campus
- Calling attention to the beauty of the Hispanic world
- Sharing the culture with everyone at Knox and in the community
At Knox, there is never an end to the amount of new things to learn, and with Spanish Club your understanding of Spanish and Latino customs, cuisines, dance, art, and lifestyles will greatly increase. Meetings are held regularly, and all are welcome to attend.