Pagan Student Alliance
Constantly debunking stereotypical images of Paganism, the Pagan Student Alliance (PSA) is a group that offers a chance for students to explore or learn more about a religion that is commonly misunderstood.
- Increasing and encouraging awareness of Paganism
- Hosting events to deepen campus-wide understanding of Paganism
- Continuously learning more about the religion
- Celebrating Pagan holidays, including Sabbats and Esbats
- Creating a safe space on campus for those who identify as Pagan
- Organic candle-dipping workshops
- Environmentally friendly incense-making workshops
- Tarot card readings at school festivals
- Divination workshops
- Samhain celebrations (a holiday that begins the Celtic New Year and a holiday for honoring ancestors)
- Leann McWhorter, an energy healer, was brought to campus by PSA for other students to experience Pagan rituals
The Pagan Student Alliance wants to create a dialogue on campus to inform students about what Paganism is and also what Paganism is not. Questions, curiosity, and uncertainty are all feelings throughout campus that PSA would like to address.
The group also intends to integrate Pagan culture into other cultural events at Knox, such as last year's Halloween festival where PSA celebrated a Pagan holiday. The Pagan Student Alliance meets weekly and all are welcome.