Belly Dancing GroupOriental Hipsters is a belly dance group open to all members of Knox College. The group's teachers/executive members, given the title of Buthtriek, teach belly dance to the larger group -- with two classes taught weekly.
- Fostering an exercise/dance community
- Introducing members to the cultures of belly dance, and the different styles within the form
- Broadening peoples' scope of culture in the Middle East, and how it has influence the U.S. directly in dance
- Dispelling the myths of belly dance by going into its history
- Learning to be comfortable with others around them in their own skin
- I-Fair performance. The Oriental Hipster teachers, Buthtriek, performed at the 2011 Knox College International Fair.
- Bi-Annual Hafla. A hafla is a belly dance party for showing club members' progress and sharing it with the community. There are two haflas a year, and we invite the community to attend.