Established in the winter of 2009, Anime Club provides a venue for you to study the uniqueness of Japanese culture through animation. While many Westerners have been fascinated by Japanese culture for decades, the anime boom of the 1980s and 1990s has exposed Western culture to a new facet of Japanese culture, and one that is easily marketed and seen by almost everyone in either films, books, or theatre.
- Watching and reading Japanese anime
- Listening to pieces of Japanese media
- Hosting discussions focused on the background and creation of a piece, its deeper meaning, and the aspects unique to Japanese culture that went into making it
- Visits to film festivals and conventions
- On-campus film viewings
- Cultural meals and discussions
Join the Anime Club weekly to learn more about the Japanese and anime cultures, and to share your passion with others.