What To Do When You Get Sick
- You should visit Health Services at 175 W. Knox Street.
- All appointments are done on a walk-in basis.
- Hours are Monday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Emergencies and After Hours
If it is an emergency or after office hours, you can:
- Visit OSF Prompt Care (map of 1707 N. Henderson, Galesburg), the clinic that does not require appointments. Prompt Care is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Call 911 for an ambulance to take you to the emergency room at either OSF St. Mary Medical Center or Cottage Hospital, both in Galesburg. Please note that Health Services fee does not cover ambulance service or emergency room care.
- If you are going to miss any classes, you should notify your professor(s) and the student health service coordinator, ext. 7863. If you will miss significant class time or will miss a test, quiz, a due date on a paper, lab report, etc., you should contact the associate dean of the College, ext. 7214, and get a note from the medical practitioner that you can present to your professor(s) and the Office of Student Development. As soon as you are well, you and your professor(s) will need to discuss the missed coursework. In some instances, it may not be possible to make up the work, such as labs, group presentations, or field trips.