Requirements for the major
11 credits as follows:
- Language and Context Component: Three credits of study in an Asian language and its social context. This requirement can be satisfied in one of two ways:
- Three credits of Japanese or Chinese language at the 200 level or above; or
- Participation in an approved, semester-length or longer language and culture study program in Asia, excluding China and Japan.
- Asian Content Component: Four credits of study with an Asian-related focus. At least one must be at the 300-level. 100-level language credits cannot be counted toward this requirement.
- Allied Field Component: Three credits in a single department, selected in consultation with the academic advisor. One credit must be at the 300 level. Credits used to satisfy the Asian Content Component cannot be used to satisfy the Allied Field Component
- Senior Project: One credit of ASIA 399 or ASIA 400
Asian Studies Course Descriptions
Chinese Course Descriptions
Japanese Course Descriptions
Asian Studies Catalog Page