People traveling to Knox may prefer shipping items, rather than transporting items themselves. Some shipping hints:
- Check the guidelines for Correct Address below.
- Refrain from shipping items that can be easily damaged. Some shippers have restrictions on extremely fragile items, such as ceramics.
- When shipping electronics, use the original box and packing materials, if possible, or a similar arrangement: bubble wrap around objects, box filled with suitable packing material.
- Insure contents.
- Inventory contents of each box before shipping
- Do not send items to Knox more than a week ahead of your arrival.
All packages received at Knox are held in the Mailroom, and a signature is required to pick them up. The Mailroom will operate the morning of "move-in day," when residence halls open for students.