Installing Anti-Virus Software
- Go to https://sophosr2.knox.edu/knoxsophosinstaller
- Enter your Knox email username including @knox.edu and password when prompted and hit enter.
- Click on Knox Sophos Installer - Mac.dmg.
- Select Save File. The file will be saved to the browser's default location.
- Close your Web browser.
- Double click on the file you just downloaded. This will mount the disk image.
- Inside the disk image folder, double click on Mac Knox Sophos Anti-Virus.mpkg. The installation process will begin.
- Follow the typical program installation directions as provided on screen.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select your Hard Disk as the install location and click Continue.
- Click Install on the Installation Type window.
- Enter the appropriate credentials for your Mac.
- This installation will now complete. An Install Succeeded Window will open. Click close.
- Once the install is complete you will see a shield shaped icon on the menu bar.
- Click on the shield Icon to display the drop down menu.
- Click on Update to update all of the antivirus definitions.
- The definitions will now update on an hourly basis.
- Eject the disk image.