- Go to https://sophosr2.knox.edu/knoxsophosinstaller
- Enter your Knox email address including @knox.edu and password when prompted and hit enter.
- Click on Knox Sophos Installer - Mac.dmg.
- Select Save File. The file will be saved to the browser's default location.
- Close your Web browser.
- Double click on the file you just downloaded. This will mount the disk image.*
- Inside the disk image folder, double click on Mac Knox Sophos Anti-Virus.mpkg. The installation process will begin.
- Follow the typical program installation directions as provided on screen.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select your Hard Disk as the install location and click Continue.
- Click Install on the Installation Type window.
- Enter the appropriate credentials for your Mac.
- This installation will now complete. An Install Succeeded Window will open. Click close.
- Once the install is complete you will see a shield shaped icon on the menu bar.
- Click on the shield Icon to display the drop down menu.
- Click on Update to update all of the antivirus definitions.
- The definitions will now update on an hourly basis.
- Eject the disk image.
*You may need to change a system preference to allow the installation. Drop down from the Apple in the upper left corner of your screen and select "System Preferences". Click on "Security and Privacy" in the top row. Click the padlock and enter your credentials. Check the box to "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere". Close the box. Proceed with installation.
If you have any problems or questions about these instructions please contact the ITS Help Desk at 309/341-7700 or email email@example.com.