Voice Mail InstructionsLog On/Access Your Mailbox
- Dial the Call Pilot number 7176 (309-341-7176 when off campus) or press the Message Waiting key.
- Dial your mailbox number (same as your extension) followed by # or simply press # if you are accessing Call Pilot from your own telephone.
- Dial your password followed by #. The default is 12 plus your extension number (i.e. for extension 7000, the default password would be 127000.)
Listening to Your Messages
- 2 to play the message just described
- 4 to go to the previous message
- 6 to go to the next message
- # to pause
- 1 to skip back 5 seconds
- 3 to skip forward 5 seconds
- 76 to delete the message
- After listening to the message, press 73
- Record an introduction
- Enter the mailbox number(s) of the person(s) you want to forward the message to and press #
- To send, press 79.
Calling the Sender
- After listening to a message, press 9 to immediately call the sender (if the sender is known to Voice Messaging)
- After pressing 9, you exit Voice Messaging. Remember to log in later to delete the message.
- Dial the express messaging number, 7177 (309/341-7177 when off campus).
- Enter the mailbox number of the person you are leaving the message for, followed by #
- After the prompt, record your message.
- While logged into Voice Messaging, press 75
- After the tone record message, press # to stop recording
- Enter the mailbox number(s), followed by #. A second # indicates you have entered the last mailbox number
- Use the edit commands if necessary:
5 erase and rerecord
- To send, press 79.
Changing Your Password
For security reasons, you should change your password from the one you were first assigned.
- After logging in, press 84.
- Enter your new password then press #. Your password may be any combination of 16 digits.
Recording Your Greeting
Callers from outside the College hear your external greeting; callers within the College hear your internal greeting. (If you do not record an internal greeting, all callers will hear your external greeting.) A temporary greeting overrides both existing external and internal greetings.
- While logged into voice mail, press 82.
- Press 1 for external greeting, 2 for internal greeting, 3 for temporary greeting, 9 for personal verification.
- Press 5 to record, # to end recording
- Press 2 to listen to the recorded greeting
- Press 76 to delete your greeting.
- Press 4 to exit and return to your messages.
Assigning a Custom Operator
Custom Operator Assistance gives the caller the option of talking with a person you designate instead of leaving you a message
- While logged into voice mail, press 80
- Press 1 to change the operator
- Enter the new operator’s number, then press #.
Tools - Distribution Lists
A distribution list contains frequently-used mailbox numbers within the Voice Messaging system. You can create up to nine personal lists
- While logged in to voice mail, press 85
- Press 5 to create a list
- Enter a number from 1 to 9 to identify the list, then press #
- Enter mailbox numbers, then press #
- When the list is complete, press # again.
- To change a list, delete the list by pressing 76 immediately after you hear the list number, then create a new list.
Call Pilot Help
You can press the "star" or asterisk (*) key at anytime for Tutorial Help while you’re logged into your mailbox.