Periodic Password Change Requirements -
For security purposes, individuals in the following groups are REQUIRED to change their password under the following schedule:
|Campus groups:||Password expires every:|
|Bargaining Unit Staff||Do not expire|
|Alumni||Do not expire|
|Retirees||Do not expire|
|New accounts||45 days then moved to appropriate group|
Password Complexity Requirements
The following complexity requirements are enforced when passwords are changed or created:
- You may reset your password only once in a 24-hour period.
- You may not repeat a password until after the fifth consecutive password reset.
- The password may not contain your account name or parts of your full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- The password must be at least eight characters in length.
- The password must contain characters from three of the following categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z).
- English lowercase characters (a through z).
- Digits 0 through 9.
- Non-alphabetic characters, (i.e., !, $, #, %) -- EXCEPT for slashes and greater-than and less-than symbols (i.e., /or \ or > or <) since they may cause problems with wireless authentication.